Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Happy Fathers day on July 29th

We decided to get an extra special Father's day gift this year for dad. We picked something that could be used by all of us. I had Tarl help me pick out a 50 inch plazma TV online. I didn't get it ordered until June 17th, but I figured it would be worth the wait, or would it???????? ?
Well, because of the size, it took longer than I thought for a free rush order. It was suppose to come on the 27th of June. We waited for three days to hear from them. Finally I called the shipping place to see what was going on. What was going on was a robbery! It had made it all the way to Burley and then someone had stolen it. They suspected a worker there and did a search warrant at his home, but nothing was found.


So, we had to make a claim and ordered another one. Well, it takes time to go through the claim process. Eventually it was shipped and we waited for the arrival of the second TV. On June18th, a month later it finally arrives. I decided not to open it and give the opportunity to Dad since it was his Father's day gift. He gets home from work and sees the big package and is very happy. He pulled the 80 lb. TV out of the box and laid it on the couch to take a look. All of a sudden he says "ah oh." At this point I am not amused. Deep down I am hoping he is kdding me, but I knew it was true. There are two layers of glass, and the second layer had cracks in it. The biggest crack was probably 18 inches long.
Apparently Someone had dropped the corner of the box. We are pretty mad and bummed at this point.


When I called New Egg to tell them about the damage, we decided not to re-order. This really bummed the boys. So, after a couple of days of being angry, I called up customer service and asked to speak to someone higher up. They transferred me to Ashley, the Lead in Escalations. She was nice and listened to my story. She asked what I wanted them to do. I said that the $50.00 they offered previous just didn't seem like enough. So she gave us $100.00 off the TV and the price had went down $50.00 since the last time we ordered. Also, we get $70.00 off of our next purchase. I guess waiting all this time paid off. The boys wanted it bad enough that they offered to chip in. Cherie from the shipping company AIT called me and said that she was going to track every move of this package for us and to make sure that we received it at soon as possible. She called the day it was shipped from the warehouse and followed its every move. She knew we had went through a lot and she wanted to please us no matter what it took. On the 29th of July we receive a phone call from her saying that our TV had arrived in Burley and they would be delivering it to us that day sometime between 1:00 and 4:00 that afternoon. I made sure that I didn't go anywhere because they were suppose to call me when they left Burley. At 3:30 I figured they weren't coming.
I called them and sure enough, they were not planning on delivering until the next day. I called Cherie because she wanted me to call her when it arrived and to let her know that everything was okay. She was fuming. I told her that one more day would be fine, but she wouldn't accept it. She told me she would get back with me. A few minutes later she said that I would be getting the TV from a privately owned company and that AIT had fired Dats. She had called the Vice President of the Northern division and they decided to quit using Dats anymore. As soon as their company's packages would reach SLC, they would contract out to them. This will make them lose a lot of business. I felt kind of bad about that, but it was out of my hands. Truthfully they were not professional at all, so I guess that is what they get.


Well, at 9:25 that evening, our TV arrived in a minivan. The couple had come from Idaho Falls just to bring it to us that night. They were really friendly. Needless to say, we opened it with them there, and guess what? No cracks or anything. Yeah!


Isn't it pretty? The thing we like about it is the sleek front glass. Now, let's just hope we don't drop it! I guess it was worth the month and a half wait. So, let's have a movie night sometime soon. We'll wait for you. We are good at waiting. And remember, three time's a charm!

1 comment:

Jami said...

That is a CRAZY story.....haha...not funny but funny at the same time!!!

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones