Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Our campout at Lake Independence!



















We decided for the Fourth of July that we would go camping with Braden and Deryk's family. They chose Lake Independence for the place. So after a bit of planning for food assignments we were ready. Our family was the last to get there. They all arrived on Thursday looking like a bunch of rednecks. It was amazing how much stuff they had loaded in Braden's truck. This place has very bumpy and rocky roads so you don't want to go in a car. They all went up to the lakes on Friday morning. It is quite a hike but very beautiful and worth it so they say. I have yet to hike it. We arrived Friday afternoon. The weather was funny. Hot for awhile, then a downpour of rain and then on Saturday we had a downpour of hail. They were pretty big and it was very fun to sit and watch the storm. Then it stopped and was sunny again. Saturday everyone but me and Deryk's family went back up to the lakes. Of course I am going to stay where Gracie is. :) She is a good camping partner and for the most part a happy camper! That evening Deryk, Braden, and Bridger went on a motorcycle ride. Deryk came back first because he was on dad's bike. I asked Suzi when they were gone if she ever worries about Braden when he is out riding and she said no. When they got back Suzi ran up to where they were to maybe get a short ride. They were taking a long time and then Bug came down to where we were and went and got something out of Braden's tent. That is when I figured out that someone must have gotten hurt and so that left Braden. I was right. He hurt his shoulder and arm pretty good and had a pretty good scrape. He is slowly recovering and didn't have to miss any work thanks to Deryk I would guess. :) Other than Braden getting hurt, it was a fun campout. I will always have fun as long as I get to spend it with my family. I am not very good at dutch oven cooking, so luckily Deryk helped me with that. I still need some more experience in that department. My favorite part of campouts are when they are over. jk My favorite part is when everyone sits around the camp fire and talks and eats smores and melted starburts. Good times. Oh and by the way, we were able to watch Malta's fireworks from up there. That was pretty cool.

No comments:

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones